Copper cathodes are manufactured by depositing copper on permanent titanic or stainless steel blank cathode plates while electrolytic refining of copper-sulfate solution. Due to the process and four-stage washing, final cathode copper is of high quality. This cathode copper is intended for production of wrought half-finished product (bars, wire rod) from copper and copper alloys). Chemical composition of cathode copper is equal to М00к the Russian highest grade of copper according to GOST 859-2014
Cathode copper has the following chemical composition (%, not more than):
Bi Se Te Sb As Fe Ni Pb Sn S O Zn P Ag Acc. GOST 0,00020 0,00020 0,00020 0,0004 0,0005 0,001 0,002 0,0005 - 0,0015 0,01 - 0,0015 0,002
1. Sum of Bi, Se, Te makes less than 0.0003%.
2. Sum of Ni, Zn, Si, Sn, Fe, Co makes less than 0.0020%.
3. Sum of P, Cr, Mn, As, Cd, Sb makes less than 0.0015%.
4. Total sum of standardized impurities, except for oxygen, does not exceed 0.0065%.
Cathodes are up to quality of Cu-CATH-1 grade of English standard BS EN 1978:1998.
This cathode copper is intended for production of wrought products (bars, wire rods) from copper and copper alloys.
Cathode dimensions are manufactured as
- Single cathode sheet, dimensions (4..6)х860х1000 mm, average weight of 37 kg.
- Double cathode sheet, bottom-connected, average weight of 75 kg, dimensions (4..6)х885х1000 mm.
One side of cathode is smooth, another one is rough. The surface of cathodes is clean, well washed down. Cathodes are packed with 4 steel strips in stacks of 1500 kg average weight. The upper sheet is marked with the data, namely manufacturer's name, date of production, kg weight, manufacturer's brand, copper grade, cell number, stack number.
Cathode copper quality is approved by mean of contemporary laboratory equipment and methods:
- atomic emission spectrometer with spark excitation, SPECTROLAB S of SPECTRO
- multichannel emission spectrum analyzer of VMK-Optoelectronics, JSC;
- Oxygen and hydrogen analyzers, RO500 and ROH 600 of "LECO";
- Inductively coupled plasma atomic emission spectrometer, iCAP 6500 of Thermo Scientific.
Quality management system, environmental management system, and OHSAS management system was certified by TÜV NORD, German certification body, against requirements of standards ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001:2007.
|[Home] [About Company] [Production] [Contacts]|
|©design: Boris Emelyanychev|